Being able to get accepted by any college is becoming harder and harder with each passing year due to the massive number of applications that are sent to most colleges.
In this article, we are going to be talking about some of the most important and relevant essay topics that you can choose when you are applying for a college.
You can talk about childhood
- This is always a great way to give a college recruiter a good idea of who you are and what you are about. Very few things can speak about a person as much as the environment that they grew up on.
- This is going to determine the way they behave in many situations and it will also help give some insight to their personality.
Talking about your most difficult moments
- This is also a very interesting approach to your application essay because you can tell a very inspiring story about a moment in your life when things got very difficult and you managed to get through this to become a stronger individual.
- This is the kind of essay that is usually going to get the most attention from any college because they want to know that you have what it takes to handle pressure and adversity.
- Everyone loves a good story about how someone has been able to overcome any kind of adversity and this is the main reason why we recommend that you do this kind of essay to let people know more about how you have built your character.
Talk about your family and your friends
- When you start talking about those around you and their role in your life as you grew up, you will be sharing very powerful information that is going to give people the chance to get to know more about you.
- A large number of colleges have mentioned that they love reading essays in which people can share this kind of information.
- It provides a lot of insight about a person and how they can handle the social interactions of the college experience.
Talk about achievements
- This is a good essay to send, but you need to be very careful not to send something that is going to sound arrogant.
- Just be casual about it and always remember to stay humble because college recruiters are not looking to accept arrogant students.
- Maybe a genius could get away with an arrogant personality, but if you are like most of us mortals with regular intelligence, you need to be humble about your accomplishments.
Talk about your dreams and goals
- If you feel like there is very little to say about your childhood or about those around you that would prove to be interesting, you can always talk about your dreams and goals in life.
- This is going to give you the chance to show the recruiters that you have specific goals in life and it could have a very relevant impact on the decisions they make when they select those that will be accepted.
- Always think of the most genuine and unique way of writing your application essay because it will probably be the most important and relevant essay that you write.
- Once you are able to make it into the college that you want, the rest is going to be easier as long as you can apply yourself.
- It’s also a good idea to send an application to at least three or four colleges.
- This way you will be able to have a few choices and if you are not accepted in one, you can always have other options.